Saturday, October 15, 2011

Banh Xeo- Vietnamese Style Crepe

ThuDay , for lunch I was planning to just roll up some Spring Rolls and call it a day. Somehow, I found my way into making Banh Xeo instead! I picked up this pouch of Banh Xeo flour at the market a few trips ago but kind of just forgot about it. A lot of Vietnamese foods share the same similar ingredients and veggies.(Mint leaves, basil leaves, bean sprouts etc) The only extra things I had to use besides what I normally use for Spring rolls were some flour for the Banh Xeo, coconut milk, and chicken.

Everything else was just a mixture of different herbs and veggies, shrimp, onions, and fish sauce. I always have on hand those  bottles of ready-made fish sauce for dipping and just water it down.  Sometimes I also add some sugar in it to bland it out a bit because it can be really strong and cause some major breath issues. :P

Package of prepared Banh Xeo flour with tumeric. You can find this at any Vietnamese market. All you do is add 3 1/2 cups of cold water, 1 cup of coconut milk, and chopped green onions!

I added more than the suggested 1 Cup of coconut milk into my mixture. Some people like to crack open a bottle of beer and add it in the mixture...
Pan frying

Drizze ready-made fish sauce all over and enjoy!


It's not almost midnight as I am blogging this...looking at these pics makes me hungry all over again. =/

Disclaimer: I am no pro cook. I just like to eat and sometimes like put some effort into making my own food. :P

No comments: